It’s my birthday this Friday. No, this isn’t an attempt to garner well-wishes from the couple of people that still read these posts…rather it is a place to post all of the great birthday bargains I’ve received by email this month. Having a birthday at my age perhaps isn’t as much fun as it was when I was 7, but when there are deals to be had I still get pretty excited.
Here now, in the order I received them via email, are the deals I’ve received this month:
- Benihana: For the second year, the gift of a free meal (up to $30 value) at Benihana has been my favorite and most valuable dining deal. To qualify, just sign up for the Chef’s Table email list and you should see your coupon in your birthday month (mine came April 1st).
- Let’s Dish: I guess because I’ve set up sessions on the Let’s Dish website they knew about my upcoming birthday. An email arrived on April 1st promising “an order of our amazing Decadent Molten-Chocolate Cakes – FREE!” No purchase necessary (which is good because we our freezer is well stocked with the last load of meals).
- TGI Friday’s: I’m not a big fan of Friday’s and I haven’t been to one in years, but that didn’t stop them from sending me a coupon for a free birthday dessert with purchase of a dinner. Truth be told this deal isn’t likely to persuade me to change my dining habits anytime soon (see Benihana deal above compared to this). Still if I were near a Friday’s I might kick it in for my Vanilla Bean Cheesecake fix. I’m pretty sure I signed up for the “Give Me More Stripes” program to earn this deal.
- Houlihan’s: I love Houlihan’s. Their food is fresh and made from scratch (or it sure seems like it is) so that’s already a leg up on other casual dining restaurants. Then to top it off they spring for an entrée and not just dessert like Friday’s does. I’m pretty sure I just belong to their email club to get this deal. Plus I get deals every Tuesday and at other random times as well. Houlihan’s sent this email on April 16th, a week before the big day.
- Dairy Queen: Another deal arriving on the 16th was a coupon for a free 16oz. Blizzard Treat. Even this beats the Friday’s deal because no other purchase is required and DQ has a drive-through. Membership in the Blizzard Fan Club is all that is required to earn this deal.
- Buca di Beppo: Similar to Friday’s, this deal is for a free dessert with purchase of an entrée. I won’t be knocking myself out to cash in on this, but if I happen to venture near a Buca when I’m hungry I might pay a visit. This coupon is good until the 16th of May (a month after I received it) so that may extend my birthday celebration another few weeks.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Free dessert at BWW for some reason seems like a better deal than it does from Friday’s or Buca. I’m not sure why that is. It certainly isn’t because the normal bill is any lower at BWW than those places but BWW is a place that I don’t necessarily visit for the food so anything free and edible seems good. Quite honestly we normally hit the DQ on the way home from the BWW in Champlin so I’ll probably actually use this deal and save my Blizzard deal for another day.
- Caribou Coffee: Arriving on the 16th like a few other deals posted above, this is the only one that is restricted to being valid “on your birthday.” Most of the others are good for the whole month or even into May. Still a free drink on my birthday is pretty cool and I’ll probably satisfy a craving for a Northern Light Cooler on my way to work on Friday. We’ll see if they really do check ID.
- Old Country Buffet: This email just came today and is a deal that probably won’t even get printed. A free buffet meal with purchase of an adult buffet meal just isn’t in the cards because there isn’t a single person I know other than my dad that would actually willingly visit OCB. Plus I already missed the nurse-in at the Maplewood location.
As of today those are all the deals I’ve received by email. By far Benihana is the most generous (and the most delicious) but there’s something for everyone it seems. We’ll see if more freebies grace my inbox between now and Friday…if something shows up I’ll be sure to post an update here.